Chef Frank's Tip: "Salty as the sea keeps my veggies green as can be!"
Sautéed Garlicky Green Beans
- 1 16-ounce bag fresh baby green beans (haricots verts)
- 4 tablespoons Italian Rose Garlic Spread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small roma tomato - diced
- 1 tray of ice cubes
1. Place a medium pot of water on the stove, turn heat to high and put a generous amount of salt in the water.
2. When your water is at a rolling boil place green beans in the salted hot water, cook for 2 - 3 minutes being careful not to overcook.
3. While green beans are cooking prepare ice bath.
4. Strain the green beans in a colander and then place them directly into the ice water for 3 minutes. The ice bath will rapidly stop the beans from cooking. Remove the beans and set them aside.
5. Place in a saute pan at medium heat the garlic spread and tomatoes, toss around in the pan for one minute then add the green beans, salt and pepper.
6. Continue tossing until everything is nice and hot.
Serve with your favorite chicken, fish or beef dish!